Do people still use BlackPlanet? BlackPlanet never really left. The “OG” African-American social networking site launched back in 2001 with the original goal of connecting Black people across the United States to have conversations about current topics; seek out a potential partner; and/or find a job.
Is there a dating app for blacks? Chat. BLK is the new app for Black single men and Black single women with a simple mission: To create an exclusive community where Black men and Black women can find meaningful connections with people who share similar likes and interests.
What dating app do black men use most?
- Silver Singles: Best over 50 dating site.
- Ashley Madison: Best for married people.
- Elite Singles: Best for black professionals.
- Match: Best for meaningful connections.
- Zoosk: Best for International dating.
- BLK App: Most popular African American dating app.
Who is the owner of BlackPlanet? Founded in 1999 by self-proclaimed geek, Omar Wasow, 40, BlackPlanet became the most popular website for African Americans, and helped define what a new-age social network should be.